Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Saying Goodbye

These past few days have been filled with family, friends, and lots of packing. On Saturday, I was serenaded by my friend Katie while in the Ikea parking lot. After pulling her guitar from the trunk of her car, she sang me John Denver's "Leaving on a Jet Plane". We finished the night hanging out with my friend Bill, visiting from Idaho, and his friend Joe. I would include a picture of the aforementioned serenade, but the pictures are on Katie's camera.

Sunday was my family "Bon Voyage" party at Grandma Suppes' assisted living apartment, complete with a barbecue chicken pizza and Dairy Queen ice cream cake. (Again, a picture was taken, but not on my camera.) It was a nice time to clear up any questions about what I'll be doing next year and where I'll be, even though I had to keep repeating myself as new family members came in. Hopefully I won't have to wait a whole year to see my family again, but that some of them may be able to visit! We'll see what happens.

Monday I said my goodbye's at camp and finished the day in Owatonna, visiting my friend Sara. After eating lunch with Jessie and Kari at The Blue Door, I am officially out of time for any further goodbye's and only have a few more hours until takeoff. This entire process of getting ready for a year abroad has been so exhausting, making me really excited to just get on the plane already.

In the meantime, Elise, Bailee, Mom and I are spending the evening watching The Office as I prepare to leave and Elise recovers from her oral surgery. I have more stories to tell and pictures to share, but they'll just have to wait. Only a few more hours in Minnesota! Peace out.

Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment