Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Sincerest Apologies

Friends!

Life has been so busy with YAGM Orientation in Chicago and a week of being in limbo while our housing in Hertfordshire gets ready that I have not had time, or an internet connection, to update my blog. Since I last wrote, I flew to Chicago with my life packed in a few (one too many) bags. Orientation in Chicago was a lot of fun, but also a serious time of reflection and preparation for what is to come. I was surprised to find that, despite my pessimism, my fellow Young Adults in Global Mission and I began to create our own community in such a short time. By the end of the week, I was sad to say goodbye to everyone before leaving on a jet plane.

After an eight hour flight, of which I did not sleep, Angie, Britney, Emily, Erin and I safely arrived at the Heathrow airport and were met with smiling faces to whisk us away to our destinations. With a six hour time difference, our first Thursday in England was a blur, but we managed to stay up and get into a normal routine. Erin and I have spent the past four or so days taking buses into London to explore before the real work begins. I will make sure to update everyone as we settle into Potters Bar and our new routines for the year. I can't believe how fast time flies!

In Him,

Alyssa

Seeing as I am unable to post every picture I have taken, here's a snapshot of my London experience thus far. Enjoy! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment