Monday, September 5, 2011

Hertfordshire = Home

'Ello!

Erin and I officially moved to Hertfordshire this past Thursday to settle into our host homes after a week in Muswell Hill, a suburb of London. We were picked up by Luisa, a woman who works for Act 4, the charity Erin and I are both going to be serving with this year. As soon as we arrived, Luisa treated us with tea and biscuits before a home-made meal for dinner. Over the past few days, Erin and I have been truly blessed to receive such warm hospitality in various homes, around town, and especially at church this past Sunday. I know I had been eager to start making connections and building relationships, but soon came to realize that through all these meals and simple errands, I was already getting to know people.

Just as the academic year is starting up in the States, things will soon start to get busy here in England. I look forward to having a chance to do something and to find purpose here. With all of this transitioning, I have struggled to find a solid reason why I, of all people, am here. I know God will use me just as He has planned, but my impatience and desire to get started has clouded my ability to stand back and let God do His work. There are still many unknown aspects to the kind of work we'll be doing with Act 4, but I am confident that everything will work out in due time.

Erin and I will be traveling up to Shropshire sometime today (yet another unknown) to learn more about Act 4 and what we'll be doing this year. Please pray for safe travels as we continue to our journey and grow as children of God. I have already seen God work in so many ways and am excited to share my experiences with you here.

As always, I'll leave you with a picture!


This is the right side of St. Paul's Cathedral, located near the center of London. Erin and I had the opportunity to worship here this past Sunday and wish we could go back every week. Being away from our home congregations, Erin and I are excited to "Church Shop" around England! Wish us luck!

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment